Saturday, March 21, 2009

A Yellow Evening

Outside, the yellow Colombo evening is slowly turning into night.

Inside, the Vilambit of Pt Bhimsen Joshi’s classic Yaman Kalyan rendition, 'Eri Aaj Piya Bin' is melodiously proceeding towards Drut.

My cup of that perfect Darjeeling Tea has one-fourth left in it.

In times such as this, one comes very close to attaining eternal bliss.

The Vilambit now, has beautifully melted into Drut and a slight smile has spread over my face. Let me enjoy this.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn......

Anonymous said...

Despite all that happens around us, life is beautiful. I enjoy the way you express this.

Pooja Nair said...

Dreamy...:)

Smiling Dolphin said...

are you sure it was tea you were drinking?

Gaurav Sethi said...

charming ol chap

Anonymous said...

your mail sends me back to our visit to colombo and i see in my minds picture the the green landscape wit small green parrots flying in flocks making perfect patterns.

Anonymous said...

your mail reminds me of our visit to colombo and i can visualize the scene there when we were greeted by a singing bird and flock of green prrots smeared in the skyline

meraj said...

Mr Jauhari,
thanks again

ilegirl,
am glad you enjoyed my expression

smiling one,
a perfect cup of Darjeeling can do wonders

Masroor,
those green parrots still pass the balcony during the evening hours

Shamik said...

:)

WhiteMoonWatching said...

beautiful
reminds me of beautiful evenings spent alone, but not the least bit lonely...

meraj said...

thanks and you explained the momet perfectly, WMW